Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Family Monday: Everyday Life with Triplets

  Life has been good here lately.  Thursday we had a quiet Thanksgiving.  Since it was just the five of us, we decided to go out for a Thanksgiving lunch.  Our first choice restaurant was booked up, so we ended up heading over to Monument Cafe.  Anticipating the wait (they were not taking reservations), we arrived one hour before our usual lunch time, I sat and waited for a table at the restaurant while Jenya took the kids to a nearby park.  We only had to wait about 30 minutes, so everything went really smooth.  I had a traditional turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes and green beans meal, Jenya had a Reuben sandwich, and the kids had a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich.  That day we also took the sides off the cribs off, so everybody is in a big kid bed now.  We had purchased some foam bumpers (a wedge of foam that you stick underneath the crib sheet) and so we've only had one near fall-off incident.
  On Friday, Jenya watched the kids while my mom, sister, and I went to see Breaking Dawn.  Since the kids were born, I've only seen one other movie so this was a real treat and it was great spending time with my family.  After the movie, the entire family got together to celebrate my nephew's seventh birthday.  I can't believe how big he is getting!
  On Saturday, we had a Stepanov family get together at my inlaws'.  It was fun and good food filled!
So its been a wonderful week full of family and celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment