Monday, June 18, 2012

My Family Monday: Everyday Life with Triplets

  Its been a tough week for us.  Thursday afternoon, Adrik spiked a temperature and by Saturday all three were sick.  Friday night/Saturday morning was the toughest I have ever witnessed.  For the first part of the night, Adrik was waking up every thirty minutes or so.  I finally got him settled down for good at about midnight.  About an hour to an hour and a half went by, and then Tali started waking up about every 30 minutes.  By 4am, her temperature had spiked to 104.5 and she was refusing to go to sleep, pour baby. And so for pretty much of the remainder of the morning I lay down with her in Jenya's man cave (Adrik was sleeping in the play pen in the living room).  At 5:40am, she had enough and loudly voiced her opinion, waking up her brother and sister.  There was nothing for me to do, but to sit them in their cribs, screaming, while I prepared their milk.  It was a wonderful moment in parenting triplets. Three sick babies, that had been awake for most of the night, screaming on the top of their lungs. To make matters worse (for me, that is), Jenya had gone to some horse races down in San Antonio, so I had to manage this all by myself.  Anyway, we got through it and now the babies are as healthy as can be.
  We had a pretty low key father's day.  On Saturday, we took my dad out to lunch after the 5K and on Sunday, Jenya and his father went to see a movie.  A ton of thanks to everyone that voted for Jenya in the photo contest.  Good news is we won!!!! Yay!  The bad news is that they gave the prize to the second place winner since we weren't local (Booo Saratoga Observer!).  Oh, well; I hope that in this situation the thought is what counts.  Below is the newspaper article announcing our victory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment