Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Week Six

This week we concluded our Unit on body parts with mouth.  We also touched on teeth, since the kids already knew teeth and they enjoy saying 'teeth'.   Here's how our lessons went for this week:

Prayer:
Lord I give you today
All I think and do and say
All my work and all my play
This I give to you today

Calendar Time:
(Tune to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
When we do the calendar
We learn the month, date and year
Every week day has a name
And there's lots of numbers to count the days
So let's begin to show you how
We'll learn the calendar right now

(Tune to Farajaka)
Today is Tuesday, Today is Tuesday
All day long, All day long
Yesterday was Monday,
Tomorrow will be Wednesday,
Oh what fun, Oh what fun

Weather:
Drawn onto a large desk calendar and then showed to the kids

Phonics:
This week I showed and taught the kids the word 'mouth' and 'teeth', repeatedly
I then did the same with the Russian version.
I also taught them the signed version

Songs (we watch these on YouTube):
For the chapter on mouth we used "Mouth Music" and "If Elmo had Teeth", both from Sesame Street


Activities:
Day One- We blew bubbles, exaggerating the mouth.  I then gave each baby a turn to try to blow bubbles, which, of course, they are not quite able to do yet
Day Two- We learned how to give and blow kisses

At the end of the week, we did a review and the kids can correctly identify all of their body parts that we discussed.  It was a successful unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment