Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday Threes: The Babywise Method for Triplets

  Shortly after we got home from the hospital, I started the kids on the Babywise method and I swear by it.  As defined by Wikipedia, "Baby Wise presents an infant care program which the authors say will cause babies to sleep through the night beginning between seven and nine weeks of age. It emphasizes parental control of the infant's sleep, play and feeding schedule rather than allowing the baby to decide when to eat, play and sleep." Bare bones, the book teaches parents to adapt their babies to a schedule of sleep, eat, play, and then repeat.  I highly recommend this method for mothers of multiples.
  I started my kids on Babywise at around four months and  I still continue a version of this original schedule today.  Below I have listed the different schedules I used for the triplets at different stages of life; just click on the link to view:
Four Months
Ten Months
Eleven Months
Thirteen Months

  Keep in mind that my kids were two and a half months premature, so at four months their adjusted age was one and half months, at ten months they were seven and a half months, eleven months = nine and a half months, and thirteen months = eleven and a half months.  My kids started to sleep through the night when they were four months old, which I think is awesome.  If you have any questions about Babywise, please feel free to post it in my comments and I will reply ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment