Monday, June 25, 2012

My Family Monday: Everyday Life With Triplets



It has been a fun week here!  The kids are no longer sick and they are not teething, so their moods have been pleasant and we've been having a great time.  The first part of the week started off pretty routine, but on Friday we had company over for the evening.  Of course the kids were the center of attention.  On Saturday, I let Jenya put the triplets to bed and I headed to downtown Austin to participate in the Keep Austin Weird 5K.  Boy were there a ton of people.  I got there with only 15 minutes until the race began and my bib number was 1957, so I think around 2,000 people would be a good estimate.  Next time I participate in a big race like this, I will make sure to head up to the front.  For the first half mile I struggled to break away from the pack.  I don't even think I was able to move until 15 seconds after the start of the race.  All in all, I think I did pretty well.  I'm not too sure about my results as they are not posted, but my time was 25:41 and they were counting off the top 25 females when I crossed the finish line and I think they counted me as either 9th or 10th or somewhere around there.  I'll take it considering that I was practically walking the first part.  The other big thing that happened is that Charli Kate is now standing up.  I guess technically it wasn't  last week; she just started doing it today, but there's no way I'll remember to mention it next Monday.  Still no steps, yet, but all three are developing, growing, learning, and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment