Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Week Three

  For this week's lesson, we learned about our ears.  Again, we pretty much kept the same bones of our original lesson, but repeated it with ears (repetition is key for teaching babies).  So here is how our lessons went:
Prayer:

Lord I give you today
All I think and do and say
All my work and all my play
This I give to you today

Calendar Time:
(Tune to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
When we do the calendar
We learn the month, date and year
Every week day has a name
And there's lots of numbers to count the days
So let's begin to show you how
We'll learn the calendar right now

(Tune to Farajaka)
Today is Tuesday, Today is Tuesday
All day long, All day long
Yesterday was Monday,
Tomorrow will be Wednesday,
Oh what fun, Oh what fun


Weather:
We changed up the calendar a bit this week.  Instead of pasting pictures onto the calendar, I drew the pictures and then showed what I drew to the kids.  It worked out better...There was less fighting.

Phonics:
This week I showed and taught the kids the word 'ear', repeatedly
I then did the same with the Russian version 'ooha'
I also taught them the signed version

Songs (we watch these on YouTube):
For our ear chapter we used Barney's version of "Do your Ears Hang Low" 

Video (again we used YouTube):
I couldn't find a video for ear, but I did find a Russian cartoon about a character called "The Big Ear" that teaches a wolf to listen.  It's kind of long, so we only watched half of the video.  

Story:
This week we read Toes, Ears, and Nose by Marion Dane Bauer and Karen Katz, The Ear Book by Theo L.Sieg and B. Tobey, and Why Mosquitoes Buzz in Peoples Ears by Verna Aardema, Leo Dillon and Diane Dillon
Activities:
Activity One- We headed outside to the driveway and I drew chalk pictures of  animals and pointed out the ears (dog, cat, and rabbit)
Activity Two- Musical Feet....I printed some foot prints and stuck them to the floor.  The real activity is to like musical chairs only the kids have to stop on a pair of feet when the music stops.  I just played their lesson songs and let them crawl around collecting all the feet.  They had a blast. 
Activity Three- Putting on and taking off headphones.  I also retrieved the gloves and the socks from the previous weeks and I would ask the kids, "Which goes on your hand?  Which goes on your feet? Which goes on your ears?"

So this video isn't actually of the kids doing their lessons, but it is so darn cute and I don't have any pictures or videos from last week, so I'm just going to post it here.  It is of the kids dancing to Will I Am singing What I Am on Sesame Street...Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment