Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Week Two

  This week we focused on feet.  We pretty much kept the same bones of our original lesson, but repeated it with feet (repetition is key for teaching babies).  So here is how are lessons went:
Prayer:

Lord I give you today
All I think and do and say
All my work and all my play
This I give to you today

Calendar Time:
(Tune to Farajaka)
Today is Tuesday, Today is Tuesday
All day long, All day long
Yesterday was Monday,
Tomorrow will be Wednesday,
Oh what fun, Oh what fun

(Tune to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
When we do the calendar
We learn the month, date and year
Every week day has a name
And there's lots of numbers to count the days
So let's begin to show you how
We'll learn the calendar right now

Weather:
For this I cut out different icons to represent the weather.
I then allow the kids to stick the icon to a large desk calendar for the corresponding day.
I talk to them about what the weather will be like.

Phonics:
This week I showed and taught the kids the word 'feet', repeatedly
I then did the same with the Russian version 'nooka'
I also taught them the signed version

Songs (we watch these on YouTube):
For our feet chapter we used "The Clap Song" (it was hard to find a song related to feet, without clapping, but they loved this song)

Video (again we used YouTube):

Story:
This week we read The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss, I Wish I had Duck Feet by Theo L.Sieg and B. Tobey, and Dancing Feet! by Lindsey Craig and Marc Brown
Activities:
Activity One- We traced our feet on paper.  Later we used these as flash cards for phonics
Activity Two- Musical Feet....I printed some foot prints and stuck them to the floor.  The real activity is to like musical chairs only the kids have to stop on a pair of feet when the music stops.  I just played their lesson songs and let them crawl around collecting all the feet.  They had a blast. 
Activity Three- Putting on and taking off socks.  I also retrieved the gloves from last week and I would ask the kids, "Which goes on your hand?  Which goes on your feet?"





No comments:

Post a Comment