Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Threes: My Triplet Nursery (on a budget)

Earlier I had written a post about our nursery; which you can view here if you wish, but I wanted to post about the amount that we actually spent.  I think we did a great job, without spending too much money.  With a little imagination, you can have a great nursery for little doe.

$300- The other two cribs and mattresses.  These were actually bought for me from my mother.  She got them at Walmart.

$150- One crib, one mattress, one dresser, and one small bookshelf (its actually a kitchen cabinet without a door).  I bought all of these at Ikea (before I was pregnant) from the as is section all in perfect condition.

$145- Handmade (by a neighbor) bumper pads, bed skirt, curtain, and blanket.  (I made two other bed skirts with left over material).

$50- Behr paint in gray and yellow from Hone Depot.

$20- Crown molding, again from Home Depot.

$12- Vinyl bird wall decal.  I bought this on Etsy.

$6- Blue baskets from the Dollar Store for the bookshelf.

$5- Paper stork origami hanging from the ceiling (I made these).

$2- Clothe wall decor.  I made this by printing a nursery rhyme with a gray, yellow, and blue bird themed background onto some spare white fabric.  I then hung the fabric from a ribbon clothes line with clothes pins.


Everything else was given to me as gifts and I just fluffed it up a bit.  So in all the total was $697 and since we got the two cribs and mattresses as a gift, it actually cost us $397...Not too bad.









No comments:

Post a Comment