Monday, May 28, 2012

My Family Mondays: Everyday Life with Triplets

  This has been a bittersweet week.  On Friday evening, my grandmother died after a grueling bought with cancer.  It has been some comfort to know that she did die peacefully and that now she no longer has to suffer, but it has been sorrowful at times, especially when I see my kids playing with the balls Granny got them for their birthday.  Her memory will definitely live on in this family and I will tell my children stories of her carefree humor, like the time she walked around a cruise ship with a thong on the outside of her clothes or how she always had the right humorous line to ease an uncomfortable situation.  Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers, as it is most difficult on the ones that get left behind.
  On a lighter note, we took the kids on their first trip to the zoo.  On Sunday, we skipped church and headed over to Waco to visit the Cameron Park Zoo.  It had been years since I had been and I've got to admit, they have done some great improvements.  At times it was hard to tell whether the kids could understand that we were there to see animals, but then we came across the giraffes and, oh my gosh, was Tali excited!  She kept pointing and saying, "There! Right there!"  They were by far her favorite.  The reptile house was also a big hit.  All three of the kids loved this huge catfish that was sporadically swimming right up next to the glass in his tank and Charli Kate got a big huge kick out of the milk snake (sorry no picture).  My favorite was this orangatan!  He was lazily hanging out by the fence.  I think the kids just thought he was a moving blanket or something.  Jenya read about him and I realized why I liked him so much; apparently he likes to watch football (according to the sign), so I just figure he reminded me of Jenya; he's lazy and likes football (hehe).  Anyway, I really think the kids had a great time.  And boy, let me tell you,  I think our crew was just as exciting for the other guests to see as the animals!  As always, we got plenty of stares, points, and comments.
  Well, that's what's going here.  I hope everyone has a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment