Monday, January 21, 2013

My Family Monday: Everyday Life with Triplets

  Boy, has it been a crazy.  Something significant happened every single day except yesterday!  On Monday, I arranged our babysitter's schedule to watch the kids and that began.  Previously, we had Moriah coming one day a week, every other week for three hours so that I could clean.  With the weather unpredictable and  there being more bad weather days then good weather days, I haven't been able to go running with the kids and my marathon training has suffered because of it.  I've made it so that Moriah comes every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for 40 minutes.  During that time, I go for a run and sometimes get cleaning done.  For my training schedule alternate between a four day training week and a five day training week.  During the five day training week, I do my shorter runs on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday while Moriah watched the kids and if there's time left over, I tidy the house.  I do my longer runs on Saturday and Sunday while Jenya is home.  On my four day training week, instead of running on Monday, I clean the house while Moriah is playing with the kids.  I'm so excited about this schedule.  Not only does it actually allow me more time to do cleaning, but I also get to have my runs to myself.  And let me tell you, pushing that stroller was getting tough since the kids have turned into toddlers!  All of this, and Moriah is really only here for two extra hours a month.
  On Tuesday, my mother in law, Galina, graciously watched the kids while I headed over to Austin Community College (ACC) Round Rock campus to speak to an adviser.  It had always (even before the triplets came along) been the plan, that I would return to school after Jenya had finished his MBA.  So with Jenya finishing this summer, I wanted to make sure that everything was in line for me to start this fall.  With a preliminary look at my transcript, I was aware that I would still need to take managerial accounting at ACC, but I didn't know what other classes I needed before I transferred to Texas State.  It ended up that one of classes is no longer excepted as a transfer course, so I ended up needing two more classes before I could transfer.  After talking it over with Jenya, we decided that I would take one class this semester, managerial accounting, and one class in the summer, ethics.  Both are offered distance learning, so I can take them from home.  I had to register for managerial accounting by 5pm on that day, so it was pretty crazy, but its been going well.  I've been doing my course work at 5am, before the kids wake-up.
  On Wednesday, I decided we would try out a life group sponsor by our church.  Childcare was provided, so I dropped the kids off at the church nursery and headed over to the house in which the group met.  The life group was over at 7:30pm and the kids usually go to bed at 7pm.  Adrik was not doing well when I picked him up and by the time got home and dressed for bed, it was around nine, so we probably won't be doing that again.
   On Thursday, Galina came over to watch the kids and I met Jenya at work.  We then headed to downtown Austin and attended a Keane concert.  We had a great time and it was a great concert, but I got to bed at around midnight and then had to be up at 5am to make breakfast for MOPs.
  As mentioned above, I had MOPs Friday morning.  It was especially nice, because our friends and neighbors, Daniel and Kim, joined us!
  On Saturday, Jenya learned how to fly a plane!  For our anniversary, I got Jenya a introductory flight course pertaining of 30 minutes instruction and 30 minutes of flight time.  He actually got to do the take-off!  He said it was really cool, but figured it would be unrealistic to get a flight certification unless you happen to be a millionaire.  As you can see, its been a full week!

No comments:

Post a Comment