Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Everyday Life With Triplets

  This week has started to even out after the hectic beginning of school and we've fallen back into a comfortable routine.  I've successfully added my studies into my busy schedule.  At first, I tried to allocate the evenings after chores were completed for study time, but that only lasted one night.  Being a morning person, I began to fall asleep and was unable to focus.  Now I study before the kids wake-up from 5am until 6:30am.  They kids have been great at letting me get this done.  Lately, they've been waking up early, but they are content to talk in bed until I'm ready to get them.
  The accounting class has been an illuminating experience.  I always figured that when it was time for me to go back to school, I would take evening classes and Jenya would watch the kids while I was away.  With this class, I realized how difficult that would be for me.  I get up early in the morning, watch the kids all day, and do all my housework.  By the end of the night my brain is mush.  With this knowledge, I decided to look for an online university.  I didn't want one like University of Phoenix, but I wanted a brick and mortar, accredited  school that offered a business degree 100% online.  This would allow me to do my classwork early in the morning.  With that in mind and after a bit of research, I decided to apply to the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. They have one of the best online programs in the nation and the second best program in the state of Texas.  They are a part of the UT school system and they offer 7 week courses, so I will graduate before what I was expecting. Even more, UTPB is less expensive then Texas State, so we'll save money.  All around, its a better option for me.
  The only other notable event happened on Saturday.  Jenya and I went to a MOPs and Pops bowling get together.  Every once in awhile, MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) will have an event inviting the fathers of preschoolers as well, so that we can further get to know each other and get know our other halves.  It was a lot fun!  Of course, I was a horrible bowler, as always, with the lowest score of everyone.  Jenya was so intimidating with lugging around his large bowling bag filled with his own bowling balls and shoes.  Jenya used to be in a bowling league, but with school, he hadn't been able to participate lately.  He was a bit rusty, but I was kind of glad.  I didn't want him crushing all of my friends the first time he met them.  He graciously even lost. :)
  You've probably noticed that I've been posting less.  With everything going on, I haven't had much time to devote to my blog, so I've decided to post at least three times a week; Everyday Life with Triplets, Teaching Triplets, and Wordless.  If I have time, I will try to add more posts, but I think this should be sufficient.  You may have also noticed, I haven't been posting as much pictures and no videos. I'm having problems with my phone uploading onto my computer.  Once we fix these issues these features will be back.  Thankfully, I have access to Galina's photos still!

No comments:

Post a Comment