Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our New Lessons and The Letter A

  I was so excited to start new lessons with the kids!  Cognitively they have had a growth explosion in the last couple of months; they sing and dance, they repeat every word they hear, they play games, they color and participate in crafts.  Its been such a fun time to be a mother of triplets and I wanted my lesson to reflect all the fun we have.  I derived the basic lesson plan from theletteroftheweek.com, but I use this sight for inspiration and make up own activities.  The day before we started our new lessons (a week ago last Sunday), I got the playroom ready to be a classroom.  I put two 2x2 foot ottoman tables together in the middle of the room for arts and crafts.  We have a calendar on one wall for our calendar time and another wall we have our chalkboard which lists our lesson plan for the week.
  This is how our lesson day goes:

- Morning Prayer: Lord I give you today.  All I think, do, and say.  All my work and all my play.  This I give to you today. Amen

-Calendar Time and Weather: We sing two songs for calendar time, which you can find HERE.  We then discuss the weather for that day'

-YouTube.com Video Lessons:  This week, we started learning the letters of the alphabet, so most of our work revolves around that letter.  Or course, we started with A.  We watch four videos:

- Bible Lesson:  We do this on YouTube, as well.  We watch a video and then at night I read their Bible lesson story in their Bibles that I got for them for Christmas.  This week we focused on the creation:

-Puppet Time:  We make a puppet to go with a YouTube video.  This week, we made an alligator paper bag puppet and an apple stick puppet (instructions below) and acted out this video:

-Craft:  I get these crafts off of Pinterest.

-Music Appreciation:  I don't follow the letter A here.  This week we picked Beethoven and we just listened to Beethoven while we danced.

- Art Appreciation:  American Gothic.  For this, I just show them a picture and we briefly discuss it.

- Russian Lessons:  We use more videos for this.  If we have time, we'll watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in Russian (I couldn't believe it when we found this on YouTube).


- Nature Study/Games:  Our nature study this week was finding acorns.  For games we had:
Acorn Dig- I hid acorns in their stand box and they dug for them
Advanced Peek a Boo- I would hide behind the furniture or around the corner and when they found me I would yell Peek-a-Boo!

Alligator Puppet:
-Color and cut out the alligator template below
-Attach to a paper bag as shown below

Apple Puppet:
-Color and cut out template below
-Attach to craft stick











No comments:

Post a Comment