Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Cats

Last weeks lesson focused cats:



Songs and Videos:



Activities:
1) Car Color Sheet: I printed off the cat color sheet pictured below and holding it up, I taught the kids the word cat and that a cat says meow.  Later they colored their cats.  I used these pictures throughout the week to reinforce the word cat and the sound meow.

2) Actual Animal Sounds:  I downloaded a cat meowing from HERE and played the noise over and over while saying "meow".

3) Visit to the Animal Shelter:  On Tuesday we visited the animal shelter.  Unfortunately, I didn't look to see their hours and so we went at 10am, they were closed until noon.  Fortunately, someone was bringing a couple of kitten by, so the kids were able to play with them.  We were also able to look into the windows for the dogs and we could see some of the cats inside the shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment