Monday, July 2, 2012

My Family Monday: Everyday Life With Triplets

  What a busy week!  The first part of the week was pretty mundane, but then Charli Kate started walking on Thursday and now she is walking (very slowly) all over the place!  Friday, my sister and my nephews and niece came into town.  Saturday we had a very nice memorial for my grandmother.  And then on Sunday  the triplets and I went to brunch with my grandparents, parents, my sister and her crew.  We made quite a bunch!
  I don't think I've recently updated my readers on the kids' personalities and since they are really starting to grow, I thought I would take a few moments to talk about my kids.  Now that they are 15 months, the girls are really starting to chatter away.  Charli Kate has the biggest vocabulary; she can say birdie, pretty, bug, done, all done, that, this, duck, teeth, and I'm sure I'm forgetting about a dozen more words.  She is a very busy toddler!  She has little jobs that she does everyday and she is very meticulous about them.  After every ride in the stroller, she goes and does what we call stroller maintenance.  She will thoroughly inspect the handle, the brake, the straps, the wheels...every part of the stroller, for about thirty minutes.  We have a bench in our entryway with cubby holes filled with shoes.  Every evening, Charli Kate goes and takes the shoes out of the cubby holes and places them on top of the bench.  Throughout the day, she will also take a small broom and dust pan and she will clean the floor.  She is still very independent and mostly is annoyed by her younger siblings.  
  Adrik is my goof ball!  He is all over place, playing with his toys, getting into everything he possibly can, and laughing the entire time he is doing so.  He is very rolly and will actually fall over when he is just sitting there....Its pretty funny.  He LOVES to watch Sesame Street videos on You Tube and would do that all day if we would let him.  Even though for the most part he is a pretty good baby, he will throw HUGE fits and scream at the top of his lungs (usually because he wants to watch Sesame Street).  He has a little bit of a mean streak in him...He is constantly taking the girls toys, pulling their hair, and hitting them, although it does seem like he's getting better.  He doesn't talk very much, but he will occasionally and its always a surprise when he does so.  He is babbling constantly, though.  Adrik is very stoic in public, which is such a contrast to the way he behaves at home.  I think he's just taking everything in.
  Tali is my stinker!  Unlike her brother, she is very outgoing in public; talking, laughing, and smiling at strangers.  She talks, but not quite as much as Charli Kate, but what she says is a lot clearer.  Her new thing is constantly pointing at something and saying, "Want that."  Its very annoying; especially when you're trying to eat. Tali is always making funny faces and trying to do anything to make people laugh at her and pay attention to her.  She always wants to get her way and if she doesn't she will let everyone know that she is upset.  She is also my cuddle bug.  She constantly wants to be held or wants to sit on somebody's lap.  She still LOVES to dance.
  All in all, they are all doing so well!  Its getting harder and harder to believe how munch they've grown.  We so unbelievably fortunate!

The kids watching Sesame Street:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment