Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: The Color Red

Last week we started a new unit, and you guessed it, its about colors.  For our first lesson we learned the color red:


Songs and Videos:

Activities:
1) Our first activity was flash cards.  I took six pieces of construction paper; red, yellow, blue, orange, green, and purple.  I taught the kids red and then placed all the pieces of paper on the floor and asked "Which is red?"

2)  I used several sheets of red construction paper and the triplets and I torn them into small pieces.  Not only does this enforce our red lesson, but it is also very good in helping them to develop the muscles in their hands (according to the ECI instructors) and they love it. Later we will be using these pieces of paper to create a mosaic flag in honor of Independence Day.

3)  Red ball bath:  I took all of the red balls out of the ball pit and threw them in the tub for the triplets' bath.  They LOVED this.  They did not want to get out of the tub, they were having so much fun.  Again, this enforces red and also helps them with their motor skills.

Foreign Language:
As well as learning red, the triplets learned the Russian word, crosnee

You might have noticed that I discontinued matching books to the lessons.  Unfortunately, I had to cut this out just because I have a very limited selection at my library.  It was becoming increasingly difficult to find books to match the subject and it was very time consuming.  I do still read to the kids everyday, its just not subject related.  




No comments:

Post a Comment