Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: The Color Blue

  This week's lesson was about the color blue.  Since the kids' cousins were in town, we actually only had time to do our calendar, language, and videos twice this week (we usually do this everyday except Sunday) and we were only able to do one activity this week (we usually do three), so I will be repeating this lesson on my next post.  




Songs and Videos:


Activities:

1)  I used several sheets of blue construction paper and the triplets and I torn them into small pieces.  Not only does this enforce our blue lesson, but it is also very good in helping them to develop the muscles in their hands (according to the ECI instructors) and they love it. We were going to use these and our red pieces of paper from last week to make a mosaic flag, but pour planning on my part put an end to that idea (I didn't have any glue).  Instead we played in red and blue 'confetti'.
.

Foreign Language:
As well as learning 'blue', the triplets learned the Russian word, 'see-nee'

No comments:

Post a Comment