Friday, September 7, 2012

Freeday Friday: Plunge

  

  Today the kids and I had our first day at MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers).  It is a group of mothers that meet every other Friday for fellowship while the kids (the Moppets) have their own little lessons away from the mothers.  This year's theme is Plunge-Love as your life depended on it and the focus is to be authentic and  go deeper in all of your relationships.  It got me to thinking about my life and how this could relate to me.  I have a really hard time getting close to people and if you really think about this, it seems like a lot of adults have this same issue.  But by watching my little ones discover life and seeing the way that they behave when it comes to relationships I learned that they don't have the same challenges as adults....They know nothing other than to be authentic.  Sometime between childhood and high school we learn to put on a mask when it comes to our true feelings and we lose our childhood curiosity.  I'm hoping that I can relinquish that part myself and hopefully this will help me to love all of the people in my life unconditionally.   
  The kids did very well in MOPs today!  I was a bit nervous, because even though they do go to the nursery at church, this is a bit longer.  The MOPs meetings last for 2 and a 1/2 hours and church is only for an hour and half on a long day.  Other than Adrik being bit by another little boy, there were no incidences.  I decided to get  involved in MOPs mainly for them.  I've already started looking into preschool and there is no way we can afford the costs for three kids at once....Its just completely outrageous!  So, my solution is to teach them the educational aspect of preschool at home and to have extracurricular type activities to get them out of the house and in a more formal classroom type setting with other children their age.  Church will be one of these setting, as well as MOPs, and when the kids get to be around three or four we will start the girls in either dance or tumbling and will take Karate.
  Well, I was very pleased with our first MOPs experience and I look forward to our next meeting in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment