Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Squares

Last week was our final week for shapes and honestly, out of all the lessons that I've done, this series they really didn't get.  So, we will probably reintroduce shapes when the kids are a little older.  But for now, our final week was squares:



Songs and Videos:

Activities:
1) Our first activity was flash cards.  I drew a square on a piece of paper.  I taught the kids the word (always in English and Russian).  Later I allowed the kids to color on their squares.  I then paired the square flash card with the triangle and the circle flash cards from the last few weeks and had the kids pick out the square, circle and triangle by name.

2) For this activity, we used a cut-out shape toy like THIS.  For this week we focused on the square.  I showed the kids both the square cut-out on the ball (ours is a ball) and the square block.  I again reiterated square and showed them how to put the block in the cut-out.  We added the triangle and the circle from the last few weeks, but without so much attention.

3) Using the same shape blocks from the second activity above, I would put all of the shapes in front of the kids and ask them, "Which one is the square?"


Bible Lesson:

Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment