Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Duck and Cow

  A couple of weeks ago, we started a new unit on farm animals.  I was unable to post last Tuesday, so this week I will be posting the last two lessons, duck and cow.

Duck:


Songs and Videos:


Activities:
1) Duck Color Sheet: I printed off THIS color sheet and holding it up, I taught the kids the word duck and that a duck says quack (both of which they already knew).  Later they colored their ducks.  I used these pictures throughout the week to reinforce the words duck and quack.

2) Actual Animal Sounds:  I downloaded a duck quacking from HERE and played the noise over and over while saying "duck".

3) We went to San Gabriel Park in Georgetown and actually fed the ducks 



Bible Lesson:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.




Songs and Videos:


Activities:
1) Cow Color Sheet: I printed off the cow color sheet pictured below and holding it up, I taught the kids the word cow and that a cow says moo.  Later they colored their cows.  I used these pictures throughout the week to reinforce the words cow and moo.

2) Actual Animal Sounds:  I downloaded a cow mooing from HERE and played the noise over and over while saying "cow".

3) We were suppose to go visit some cows at a farm, but the weather didn't cooperate


Bible Lesson:

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!






No comments:

Post a Comment