Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby and Me Exercises

  At my yearly physical last week, my doctor informed me that I needed to build lean muscle mass.  Well, I don't really have the free time to go lift weights at the gym and so I decided to try some exercises I can do with the babies.
For the first part of our work out, we head over to the nearby lake and I push the kids up a really steep hill ten times.
(this obviously is not me, but it was the closest picture I could find of what I do minus one kid and with a steeper incline....Same type of stroller, though.  The picture is from http://www.itstwinsanity.com/2011_03_01_archive.html [and I thought I had it tough])

After that we head home and I do four exercises with my kids.  We do three sets of 20 reps for each exercise.

The first is Baby Press:
I lie on my back with one of my kids on my chest.  I left him/her up with both arms and then back down again for one rep.

Next we do push-ups:

I lay my baby on the floor facing me and get in a push-up position above him/her.  I then go down and kiss my baby for one rep.

Next we do crunches:

I sit my baby on my tummy and crunch up.

Finally, we do baby squats:

Unlike the picture, I hold my baby out in front of me at arms length.  I face him/her outward so he/she can look around.

Its a great way to build muscle and keep my babies happy.  Only problem is that Tali likes it so much that she cries when its not her turn. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment