Monday, April 30, 2012

My Family Mondays


  Its been another week full of crawling!  All three are now very mobile.  Adrik is zooming along with Charli Kate right on his heels and Tali is close behind doing her own unique 'Tali Crawl'.  Adrik and Charli Kate are pulling themselves up to a standing position (which makes bath time quite interesting) and, although Tali is not pulling herself up, she is by far the best at standing by herself, holding on to nothing.  Tali has recently become very curious about everything.  She points constantly at things around her, wanting to know what they're called.  Adrik is actually absorbing the identification games that I use and has finally started pointing at things that I name.  Charli Kate is a silly one.  She seems to have a fascination with teeth.  She is constantly pointing at anybody's teeth (even her siblings') saying 'eeeth'.  She will even claw at your lips to get you to open your mouth.
  Before the triplets were born, I started thinking about what I wanted to do when they go to school.  Since I've become a mother, I've valued my time differently and because of that, I decided not to return to wedding planning.  Owning your own business is such a time commitment and it is very sporadic.  Some months I would have to turn away weddings, some months I would only have one wedding booked.  Also, there was a lot of things that I did not like about wedding planning and the industry in general.  With all of that in mind, I wanted to look for something that would be worth it to take time away from my kids and I decided that I wanted to go back to school to get a degree is Environmental Science with a Geology track.  I know, the furthest thing away from wedding planning, but geology is in my blood.  When you ask a three old what they want to be when they grow-up, they'll say a superhero or a firefighter or, like my niece, a mommy.  I was the weird kid who would answer, 'a geologist'.  I was studying geology before I got into wedding planning and change my entire plan because it was easier to become a wedding planner and I was good at it.  Environmental science is a new and fast growing field with a very good job outlook.  I am very excited to be starting one class either the summer semester or the fall semester.  The kids are more independent and so I have more free time to allow for studying.  I plan on slowly adding a class or two as the kids become more independent.  Once they start school I will become a full time student and finish out the degree. It will be a nice change to do something adult.
   So all is well here!  Below is a little video of the kids crawling to entertain you for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment