Saturday, April 7, 2012

Everything Triplets

I really didn't prepare anything for the blog tonight, so I thought I would just share with everyone a site I stumbled upon today.  It is called 'Angus and the Triplets' and I really enjoyed reading the 'Everything Triplets' section and relating.  Anyway here are some of the columns that I found very interesting (my experiences are written in red):

Just plain crazy and stupid comments we've gotten about our triplets:
(the bold ones are the newest)
"That one's pretty.  But THAT one's even prettier." Thankfully have never heard that one
"I'll give you 25-cents a piece for them."  This comment came from a little old guy.  I didn't take offense. I have heard something similar usually relating to 'can I buy one?' or 'are they selling those here?'
"Get them fixed NOW!"  What on earth did that mean?! Never experienced that one
And, the worst - the suicide-bomber!  "I'd have shot myself in the head if I'd have found out I was carrying triplets." Not heard this one, either To which I replied, "That's horrible.  Look at those sweet children.  She retorted, "Oh, no.  Really.  I'd have shot myself in the head!" 
"Wow.  You kids look like trouble!" Heard that one
"Boy, you got a whole mess of 'em!" Yep, get his one too
TAKES THE CAKE! - "You poor thing!" Response to my 3-year-old son when he proudly announced that he has "triblets" at home.  Just when I thought RUDE couldn't get any ruder.  Stupid woman! Since these are my only, I haven't experienced this.
"I'd have sold two of them." Haven't heard this one yet
"Where'd the brown one come from?" (referring to the fact that only one(Max) of the four tiny ones has brown hair) I have a lot of comments about Tali's darker hair
"What a nightmare!" Never heard.
"The only thing worse than twin boys is twin girls." Said by a father of twin boys. I do get comments from twin parents along the lines of, "I thought having twins was difficult".
"Now, that's scary!"  Loren turned to him and said, "No, you're scary." Haven't heard this
"I'd be drunk ALL the time," said a woman watching us deal with our busy babies during a photo session. Haven't heard this
"I guess it could be worse," a mom of twins said, referring to us as she pushed her twins past.  Yeah, Lady, it could be worse.  We could've lost one of our precious babies! I've heard something along this 
"That's a cool stroller.  Too bad you had to have 3 kids to get one." I do get comments about my 'cool' stroller all the time.  Not ever with the last part
"So, they're triplets?" "Yes."  "Oh, well are they all the same age?"  (Huh?  I scratched my head with that one.) I get this one, too
"I'd hate to be you." I've heard something like this
"Please tell me you're only babysitting these babies!" I get asked if I'm the nanny all the time
"You must be crazy to have three babies at once!" I've heard something like this
Here's my own personal favorite.  "You're lucky they're not all stuck together.  Usually with three, at least two of them are joined together."  I'm NOT kidding about this one, either! Bizarre...Thankfully haven't heard that one
"What happened to that one?" (referring to Max having brown hair) someone did say 'that's the big one' referring to Adrik
"Why is that one different?" (once again referring to Max having brown hair) I hear something like this again referring to Adrik's size
"Which one's the smart one?"Nope, haven't heard that
"Now, there's trouble.  What a triple headache!" - said by a guy who looked like he had a mouthful of vomit. (I didn't bite my tongue with this one and let the guy have it!) I've heard 'now there's trouble'
"I had my 3 the hard way - one at a time."  Okay.  Yeah, Lady!  Carrying, delivering, and caring for triplets has been a breeze!" I get some comments like this
"Now, that's my idea of a nightmare." Never heard that
"That one's the runt, huh?" Referring to Nadia. I do get references to Charli Kate's size
"You should buy a TV!" That's just weird
"I'm so sorry (you have 3 kids)." Haven't heard
"Which one is your favorite?"Haven't heard
"Oh, is this an extra one?" (speaking of Angus)N/A
"Don't have any more kids." Heard something relative
"Should I say congratulations or condolences?"I've heard this one
"I hope you're done!" (Dumb lady in Babies R Us) - Referring to NOT having more kids. Of course I said no...Heard this one
"I'd kill myself" - Referring to not wanting triplets Heard that 
"Are they all yours?"Hear this one a lot
"If they're triplets, then why is that one bigger? (referring to Max)"Hear this a lot about Adrik
"Which one can I have?"Heard this
"I thought I hated MY life." Never heard that
"Are they all from the same mother?" I hear 'are they all your's?
"How'd that happen?" (referring to their conception) Everyone seems to want to know this
"Were you trying for triplets?" Haven't heard that
"Did you take drugs?"Heard this
"Are they all 3 twins?"Heard this
"Are you Mormon? or "Are you Catholic?" Haven't heard
"Were they all born at the same time?" Heard this one
"Did you know you were having triplets?" Hear this all the time
"You must be joking!"Another one I get a lot
"It'd be my bad luck to get triplets the first time I get pregnant." Haven't heard
"Oh, I feel so sorry for you!" I've heard something like this
AND THE NUMBER ONE COMMENT WE GET EACH AND EVERY SINGLE TIME WE'RE OUT:  "Boy, you have your hands full."  (This one is definitely our number one comment, as well)

1 comment:

  1. I hear a lot of these having 3 singletons, too. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete