Monday, August 13, 2012

My Family Monday: Everyday Life with Triplets


 Last week went by fast!  The first part of the week was pretty grueling since Adrik was in pain and letting us know about it.  He was just so cranky and not sleeping well at night at all.  On Thursday we had his doctor's appointment and found out why he was so grumpy (he fractured his ankle as stated in my Freeday Friday post).  Friday I had our babysitter come for a couple of hours so that I could pack.  And then on Saturday morning, I headed out of town for the Sand Crab 10k in Galveston.
  I had such a great time and I even relished the fact that I was by myself.  I didn't have to worry about anyone else's agenda and I could do whatever I wanted for a change...It was nice.  I got into Galveston at around 12:30pm and headed to Poretto Beach just for a minute to pick up my race packet.  Next stop was Harborside, were I sat down for lunch at Willie G's.  While dining, I sat outside and watched the ships come into port and the tourists milling around.  After lunch, I headed to the next street over....The Historic Strand, which over the years, has become less historic and more about bars, tattoo parlors, and cheesy souvenir shops.  My next stop was to check into my room at the Lost Bayou Bed and Breakfast where I refreshed and took it easy for awhile until I headed back to Poretto Beach.  I sat on the beach reading and people watching.  And then strolled down the beach and actually went in the water for awhile.  After three hours, I headed back to my car, pulled my running clothes over my swimsuit, exchanged my sandals for Adidas, and grabbed my Camelbak and my headlight.   I was ready to run.  The race started at 8:30pm (I'll post my race details on Saturday) and I was back in my room by 11:00pm.  My much anticipated restful sleep was the only disappointment of the trip.  Once I got back to my room, I couldn't go to sleep; I was too hyped up from the race.  Once I finally drifted off, it was not restful.  Since Adrik had been getting up during the night all week long, it was like I was used to the interruption and I would constantly wake up in anticipation of it.  After forcing myself to stay in bed until 7:15am, I got up and readied myself for the day.  I had breakfast at 9am and promptly left for the trip back home.  My little get away was nice, but I missed home and my four babies.
  Jenya and the kids did wonderfully without me.  In fact, the only one to really acknowledge my homecoming was Charli Kate.  Adrik and Tali were more interested in the book their Babushka was reading them.  On Saturday, my family minus me partied at their Babushka's house for a belated birthday celebration and then Galina (Babushka) came over on Sunday, as well.  Things went so smoothly, I guess I'm going to have to get away more often...Hmmm, where else can I go for a day?








No comments:

Post a Comment