Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Triangles

  We started a new unit on shapes last week and to kick things off, I taught the triplets about triangles.  Here is our lesson plan:



Songs and Videos:

Activities:
1) Our first activity was flash cards.  I drew a triangle on a piece of paper.  I taught the kids the word (always in English and Russian).  Later I allowed the kids to color on their triangles

2) For this activity, we used a cut-out shape toy like THIS.  For this week we only concentrated on the triangle.  I showed the kids both the triangle cut-out on the ball (ours is a ball) and the triangular shaped block.  I again reiterated triangle and showed them how to put the block in the cut-out.

3) Using the same shape blocks from the triangle activity above, I would put all of the shapes in front of the kids and ask them, "Which one is the triangle?"

No comments:

Post a Comment