Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: The Color Purple

  Last week was the last week for colors and I really believe that I've been pretty successful at teaching the kids how to distinguish different colors, definitely so for the girls.  Not only can they pick out colors, but the can also say the names of the colors.  Last week we focused on purple.  Here is what we learned:



Songs and Videos:

Activities:
1) Our first activity was flash cards.  I took six pieces of constructionpaper; red, yellow, blue, orange, green, and purple.  I taught the kids purple and then placed all the pieces of paper on the floor and asked "Which is purple?"

2)  I choose four yellow balls from the ball pit and one purple ball from the ball pit and had the kids pick out the purple ball, asking, "Which ball is purple?"

3) Purple ball bath:  I took all of the purple balls out of the ball pit and threw them in the tub for the triplets' bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment