Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday Three: What to Expect When Raising Triplets...Instant Fame

  As soon as I could, I started taking my triplets out in public (for us, it was six months old).  Immediately we became local celebrities.   I started our outings small...We would go to the local grocery store at 6am; right when they opened and hardly anyone was there.  Once it become too cold to venture out at that time, we switched to early afternoons, and now we do our shopping everyday at 3:30pm.  We know all of the employees and even found a wonderful person to watch the kids when I'm away for my volunteer work!  Anyway, its no wonder, we get stopped every few seconds.  Everybody wants to see the kids.  Their biggest fans?  Other small children.
  We do get a lot of comments and here is link to a post I wrote earlier about some of the things we've heard.  One lady did mention something interesting...She was a mother of twins and she said something to the effects of, "the attention might seem annoying now, but soon they will be grown and different sizes and no one will ever stop you again.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  You'll miss it when its gone."  With that being said, if you do have triplets, I encourage you to take them out in public often!  My kids are pretty well behaved in public and I think its because they are used to going out everyday.  Don't let the attention hinder you from taking your kids out and please don't let the fact that you have three discourage you from doing all the things you imagined you would do with just one baby.

Below is a picture that an owner of an Indian food restaurant (Nannfull) and posted on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment