Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teaching Triplets Tuesday: Circles



 Last week we continued our unit on shapes with circles:



Songs and Videos:

Activities:
1) Our first activity was flash cards.  I drew a circle on a piece of paper.  I taught the kids the word (always in English and Russian).  Later I allowed the kids to color on their circles.  I then paired the circle flash card with the triangle flash card from last week and had the kids pick out the circle and the triangle

2) For this activity, we used a cut-out shape toy like THIS.  For this week we focused on the circle.  I showed the kids both the circle cut-out on the ball (ours is a ball) and the circular block.  I again reiterated circle and showed them how to put the block in the cut-out.  We added the triangle from last week, but without so much attention

3) Using the same shape blocks from the second activity above, I would put all of the shapes in front of the kids and ask them, "Which one is the circle?"


I've been forgetting to mention that I've added a new element to our songs and videos; a Bible scripture.  We use The Rizers (click on the Bible verse for a The Rizers video) and for this week our lesson was 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18:
"15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

Below is a video of the kids watching The Rizers.  Its their new favorite thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment