Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coconut Oil for Diaper Rash

I've been telling everyone this story, so I figured I'd just post it on the blog.  Back in November, Tali developed a nasty diaper rash and I tried just about every cream on the market to no avail.  Our first pediatrician that we were using for the triplets prescribed a cream and that didn't work.  The doctor than prescribed a very expensive cream and that didn't work either.  Frustrated I turned to the internet and tried to find a solution.  I read that coconut oil could work for a yeast diaper rash, because it has anti-fungal properties.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and after the first use I noticed an improvement.  Tali's diaper rash cleared up completely using only coconut oil.  It did have a drawback; the rash does come back, but it is definitely better than anything that the doctor prescribed.  Now that I have the problem somewhat under control, I'm going to try using apple cider vinegar to permanently clear the rash.  It just goes to show that sometimes something more natural can do a much more thorough job than expensive prescription medicines.

No comments:

Post a Comment