Sunday, February 19, 2012

Every Day is a Good Day to Succeed

I contemplated on whether I should use this topic as a post only to decide that I should be proud of my accomplishment.  If it comes across as bragging, so be it.  I am ecstatic to say that I have lost all my pregnancy weight.  It has taken ten months and a lot of hard work.  When I was pregnant with the triplets, I gained seventy-five pounds (and I was not one of those pretty pregnant women that looked so cute with the perfect round little bump in the middle of her belly.  I was huge and swollen all over).  I'm often asked what my secret was for shedding the pounds.  There really wasn't a miracle pill or anything secret about my weight loss.  I lost most of the weight through breast feeding (sixty pounds worth).  The rest was good old diet and exercise.  I limited my caloric intake.  I had only fruits and veggies throughout the day and then one home cooked meal.  Fruits and vegetables were a big part of my success.  I made sure I got at least seven servings a day.  Then I worked in an exercise schedule that was great for me and the kids; we would go out for about an hour.  We would run for thirty minutes and then we would briskly walk the remainder of the time.  They would sleep in their stroller while I pushed them.  It got to the point where I was kind of lost on wet or rainy days.  We would all get stir crazy and wouldn't know what to do.  Now that I've lost the weight I'm not as restrictive as before but I still try to eat as healthy as possible.  It's about being healthy and feeling great. Now I just wish I were like a snake and had the ability to shed my loose, stretch mark pocked skin.  Bikini this year?  I think those days are over.

Me, Jenya, and Adrik a couple of weeks after I had the kids


 Me, the kids, and Penny today

No comments:

Post a Comment