Monday, February 27, 2012

Hand Print Ornaments

Since the triplets are very tactile at this time, I thought it would be fun to do a play dough craft this week.  On Saturday I made some play dough and let the kids explore.  I supervised so as they wouldn't also make craft time breakfast time.  I was kind of surprised that they weren't that into it.  It didn't keep them entertained for even five minutes.
On Sunday, we made ornament hand prints.  I thought they would be a little too young to get a good impression, but they actually turned out pretty good.  I made sure to dampen the dough before pressing their hands into it.  I also placed the babies on their stomachs as if they were doing tummy time.  I placed their hands on the pre-rolled and cut dough, flattened out their fingers, and gently applied pressure to their little hands.  Here's how they turned out (below the photo is a link to the blog in which I found the instructions):


1 comment: