Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lessons, Story Time, and Crafts

Our first activity for the day (besides a formula feeding) is one of three things; lessons (Mon, Wed, Fri), story time (Tues, Thurs), or crafts (Sat, Sun).  For our lessons I do developmental activities that come out of a book called Slow and Study Get Me Ready.  In the book there are weekly activities beginning at birth and going through age five. The kids love it; they do thinks like throwing a ball, playing peek-a-boo, knocking down blocks, and ripping up paper. For Christmas I got each one of the kids a thick book of illustrated fairy tales.  This is what I use for story time. There aren't too many crafts that we can do, but we try a little bit of coloring and I explain the different colors.  Today we put ink on our hands and made hand print hearts to decorate for Valentines Day.  I think we're going to try to finger paint with yogurt tomorrow.  To do these activities, I line them up in their Bumbo seats with me in the middle.  Here's a picture of them getting into their lessons basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment