Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Baby Foods

I haven't really had any clear direction on how to feed my babies.  Up until now my approach had been to just feed them solids twice a day and go by the Gerber system of stages.  Then I decided to purchase a book called Super Baby Foods.  I thought it would give me more of a direction when it came to meal time and since my kids were having troubles with more solid solids I thought maybe the book would give me tips on how to transition from pureed meals to solid food.  I received the book in the mail yesterday and have pretty much read all that is necessary for me to start the Super Baby Foods system.  I've got to admit, I was taking the entirely wrong approach when it came to feeding my triplets.  In one day, they have started eating chunks of whole grain bread and they love it.  I've also decided that I would attempt to make their food from now on.  I'm convinced it will save us money and that my babies will eat more and be healthier if I were to make their food.  Coincidentally, on the day that we went to story time at the library another mom asked me if I had a Beaba.  She insisted that with this machine, I would have time to prepare my own baby food.  She swore by it and informed me that all I have to do is put in the food and the machine would cook it, puree it, and then I just place the container in the freezer.  So this is what I will try to do.  I'll keep you updated on my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment