Thursday, February 2, 2012

Family Meal Time

When I had the triplets, I always knew that I wanted to keep my three favorite hobbies; jogging (which I posted about earlier this week), reading (I read to them everyday), and cooking.  I like to try to get them involved in everything I do and they love to 'help' out in the kitchen. Almost everyday, I prepare a family meal.  The kids and I do the prep work from 10am until 11:30am (with a meal break at 11am) and on Tuesdays and Thursdays Jenya and I eat at around 12:30pm (he has school at night, but is lucky enough to work from home on those days) and every other day we have a more traditional type family dinner at around 6pm.  Not only do I do this because I love to cook, but I also believe a family meal is VERY important.  I can't wait until the kids are older and they can actually help with the cooking.  Its one of those things that I really look forward to sharing with them.
Photos from top to bottom: Charli Kate posing after she played with her bibs (you can see the discarded pile in the background), Adrik playing in the cabinet of plastic containers designated for the kids, Tali taking a turn in their cabinet, all three of my sioux chefs, and the finished meal (Roquefort stuffed pork, Bulgar and greens gratin, and roasted carrots.  It didn't actually photograph too appetizing, but it tasted great.)





No comments:

Post a Comment