Monday, March 12, 2012

Jello Painted Shamrocks

  Boy did we have fun with our craft this weekend!  We painted jello onto shamrocks with ice cubes. Here's how you do it:

 Materials:
-Shamrock template (http://www.freekidcrafts.com/shamrock.html)- Copy and paste onto Word.  Adjust the
       size and print.
-Powdered jello (I used several colors, but if I had it to do over, I would just use green...The colors run
       together creating a weird brown.)
-Ice cube tray
-Popsicle sticks
-Foil or plastic wrap

Instructions:
-The day before your project, fill an ice cube tray with water.  Cover the top with foil or plastic wrap.  Pierce
     wrap with Popsicle sticks to form the handle of the ice cube 'paint brush'.   Place in freezer and leave over
     night.
-The next day, sprinkle the paper with the powdered jello.  Use the ice as a paint brush and paint over the
     jello.  
-Let painting dry for a couple of hours.

Tips:
-Since my kids are young, I taped the paper to the floor.
-This craft is MESSY, but fun.
-The 'paint brushes' work a better after they've melted for a few minutes.

Charli Kate

 Tali

 Adrik

The finished project:

This was a great craft for the kids; they loved licking the ice by itself and dipped in the jello powder.  It was adorable.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! I am so going to do this with Cindy as soon as we get home. Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete