Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Strawberry, Banana, and Ricotta Parfait

I just received a new cook book for making baby food and have been pleased with the recipes so far.  As a special treat for the triplets on Saturday, I broke away from the usual yogurt breakfast and tried out this parfait adapted from Cooking for Your Baby by Lisa Barnes.  The original recipe called for blackberries in replace of the strawberry and banana, but I had the later available and it turned out amazing!  All the kids and I loved it (and I don't like strawberries or bananas)!  Yes, this is from a baby food cook book, but I think it would please kids of all ages and adults.  What a tasty and healthy replacement for a dessert.  Anyway, here's my version of the recipe:

Image

Strawberry, Banana & Ricotta Parfait

Adapted from Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6 to 18 Months by Lisa Barnes (Fireside 2009)
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 4T pureed strawberry (or two food cubes)
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated
  • 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Smash banana until somewhat smooth and mix with pureed strawberries.  In a small mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a dessert cup, alternate layers of banana/strawberry puree and ricotta mixture.
To store parfait, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks so yummy I want to eat!! Will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete