Friday, March 9, 2012

Stepanov Family News

  At the beginning of this week, I didn't think I would have much to report in our news sections, but the week got a little bit busier as we got closer to the Friday post.  I decided to start writing this post one family member at a time, so let's start off with Charli Kate since she is the oldest child:

Charli Kate-  She is doing much better with sleeping through the night (knock on wood).  This week she only woke up on Monday and Wednesday.  We changed (yet again) the night time routine to better accommodate her.  We added the 5pm formula feeding back in and we have family dinner afterwards, but instead of feeding them baby food we strictly feed them a finger food version of the meal we're eating.  When then give them a bedtime snack in their nursery with classical music and low lights.  Its been working well.  CK still is not crawling, but is awesome at holding onto your fingers and running throughout the house.  I'm pretty sure she is going to skip crawling.

Adrik- My mischievous little dare devil...This week he discovered the dog food.  He came up to me and had crumbs all over his face.  It was pretty nasty (I should have gotten a picture).  He has poured the pet water bowl all over himself twice this week and had fallen out of his walker only once.  Needless to say the pet food and water has been moved.  On a positive not, although he is not crawling, he is scooting up on all fours.  He's just not able to move on all fours yet.

Tali- Humm, what to write about my sweet Tali?  She's had a pretty low key week.  She spends her days bugging her sister and playing with Adrik.  She has decided it is much more fun to throw her food on the floor and watch Penny gobble it up than to leave it on her tray when she's finished eating.  We've been practicing eating birthday cake and she is by far the best.  I give them large slices of the banana bread-like cake that they will be having at their party and she picks the whole thing up and eats it like its a muffin.  Its pretty cute.

Jenya-  After looking over the summer schedule for school, Jenya realized that the class he needs to take is only offered at the San Marcos Texas State campus and is four hours, ending at midnight.  He talked it over with a counselor and decided to take the semester off instead.  Bad news is that now he won't be graduating until the fall of 2013.  Good news is that with this little set back Dell will now be paying for $1000 more dollars that we thought we would be responsible for.

Me (Rachel)-  I decided earlier this week, when Charli Kate wasn't sleeping well and I was extremely exhausted because of it, that I needed a weekly break from the kids.  I'm just not able to get everything done that needs to be done or have any time for myself.  So we are in the process of hiring a babysitter to come and watch the kids every Friday between 9:30am and 12:30pm.  I'm so excited for this and think it will help me become a better mother and wife.  On Thursday morning, I found myself in the ER.  Right in the middle of the triplets 5am feeding I stubbed my toe on a toy. I had a normal little yelp and became very annoyed because the incidence made me spill my coffee and the formula I was carrying.  Without anytime to think I rushed and grab my crying, hungry Charli Kate and began feeding her and then thought, "wow!  That really hurt."  I then looked down at my injured toe and realized it was bent at nearly a ninety degree angle pointing away from my big toe (it was the little toe on my left foot).  I then proceeded to feed CK and when she was done, I sat there wondering if I should wake up Jenya (it was now around 5:40am).  Still not quite sure whether toe was broken, I crept into the bedroom and said, "I'm sorry to wake you, but I think I just broke my toe."  I then had him look at it.  Still not convinced, I called the nurse line and asked them if I needed to go to the hospital.  In the end, we decided I should get checked out.  The doctor took one look and said, "that's broken".  He ordered the xray anyway, which confirmed his prognosis.  The only time it really hurt was when the doctor had to set it so that it was somewhat pointing straight again.  Now I've got a new shoe to wear and my toes are taped together.

Dinner time at the Stepanov house:

No comments:

Post a Comment